Image Map

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Hair Adventures 0.5: The Inspiration

Hi guys!

If ever anyone is reading this blog post now (maybe after heavy promotion). Im quite inspired of having pastel hair. In case you dont know what I mean about Pastel hair, its this:



Also, I've joined pinterest, you can check my board here about Pastel hair and also, on the way, follow me if you want!

I've always been in awe of pastel hair. Its gentle to the eyes, the colors are so adorable + it exudes a hipster vibe more recommended for youthful people (like me), added to the fact that I've been dreaming of light colored hair ever since I came out as gay.

As you can see, pastel hair is a pale and very light color so if you're blonde, well, all you need is a lighter shade lift, some toning and its time to dye. Well, for dark-haired people like me (unfortunately) I have to bleach my hair a lot of shades (My hair might go through the complete shade spectrum) to get to that color. So let's talk about bleaching.

A lot of box dyes you may find at cheap stores or some salons say they will dye the color you want it to W. Well. Hair is weird so, maybe around 80% of the time, its not gonna look like the one in the box if done DIY. + if you think dyeing your hair a light mint from black could be done by just dyeing your mint, then, you've got a lot to learn.

Please note:

The hair dye/hair color is affected by the base color of your hair
this means that if your hair is black and you want to dye it pink, it'll probably go black with a tinge of pink,



 however, if your hair is a lighter color (like white blonde) it'll even go bubblegum pink or hot pink, just the way you want it


SO. That's why you need to bleach. anyway, for me, Im bleaching my hair because I want to go pastel, but Ill savor the blonde hair luxury for just a while.
as all of you know, Bleaching is a dangerous process, its very unhealthy to hair, so after the bleaching process, hair will be unusually dry and brittle and if you do it too much you'll end up burning off your hair. They dont fall off, they rather SNAP OFF. So if you're considering to bleach your hair, be aware of the damages it may incur (especially if you love your hair that much).

anyway, if you do pamper your hair a lot after, the results will be great!

I've started to bleach my hair, AND Ill post how it turned out in the next blog post and Ill do a short tutorial for added bonus! I'm planning to go for teal, or mint, or silver. But Ill savor being blonde first.

Here are some photos for you to reconsider:





And if you're a guy, here are some photos for you to consider. I love the silver tones!




Credits to the owners of the images btw. So the hair adventures start! Wait for the next sequel!


No comments:

Post a Comment